Friday, April 5, 2013

Anna Maria Island, Florida -- Second home for Bobbi Panter Pet Products




I have been a part-time resident of Anna Maria Island (AMI) since I was a kid and LOVE it! I practically grew up there on family vacations since I was 9 years old. Living in Florida for so much of my life impacted the products I developed for my all natural dog shampoos. I learned how hard salt is on your hair and skin after spending many hours in the Gulf of Mexico.  This is the reason I decided to make my products SALT FREE--I do not put sodium chloride (table salt) or sodium lauryl sulfate in any of my products. What a big difference having no salt makes.  The essential oils that I use in my products are actually allowed to penetrate the skin and fur so that they work to solve problems. 

Bebe and Cece relaxing after one of their "spa" days.
Since Bebe and Cece spend lots of time on AMI and love it as much as I do, I have found out what problems they both get when they are there.  Bebe almost instantly gets hot spots from the grass so I use Itchy Dog on her right away!  In fact, I put some on my fingers and rub it into the hot spots and leave it in.  She is instantly relieved. Itchy Dog is Bebe’s saving  grace!

Being a celebrity spokesdog is not as glamorous as it sounds!
Since fleas and ticks in Florida are a huge issue I developed my all natural flea and tick shampoo, Charlie Dog, named after my dad Chuck. I know, he would much rather have a martini named after him but dog shampoo is what I do!  Charlie Dog is loaded with Clove Oil, Cedarwood Oil, Citronella and Lavender Oil which kills and repels fleas, ticks, mosquitoes and lice!  Guess what--school nurses have used Charlie Dog on the heads of their students when they have gotten lice and it is so gentle but--WORKS!  In fact, it is so gentle that it is even safe for puppies and kittens of all ages, even newborns.

So, when I am in Florida, which is very often, I use a combination of Itchy Dog and Charlie Dog on both Bebe and Cece and they stay safe from insects and hot spots leaving them looking and smelling fabulous!

My products are carried all over Florida but I really love when local stores carry them.  Last October a new store opened on AMI. It’s called AMI Outfitters and they sell great coastal gear and apparel, mostly for men. They also have a natural dog section with terrific products including my Signature Line of products. It’s great to see this kind of partnership form from a love of AMI.  Thanks AMI Outfitters!  See you next time Bebe, Cece and I are on the island!!  I can’t wait.
Owner Steve in front of his store AMI Outfitters.

Check out AMI Outfitter's Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment